The authoritarianism which has characterized the ILLEGETIMATE governments of Felipe Calderón and Ulises Ruiz Ortiz has sharpened in Oaxaca. The government has used police and para-police operatives against members of the APPO, under the supposed struggle against narcotraficking and organized crime as the following events show:
Today, October 25 at approximately one o’clcokc in the morning, with excessive violence, without showing any search order or any accusations, more than twenty persons of the PFP and the AFI entered the residence of Miguel Cabrera at 649, colonia Centro of the city of Oaxaca, destroying whatever they found int heir path, threatening with high powered weapons and beating the compañero Luis Ramón González López and the compañera Isabel and their children and grandson who is only five years old. They are all members of the Comité de Defensa de los Derechos del Pueblo, (Committee for Defense of the Rights of the People) an organization which participates in the Asamblea Popular de los Pueblos de Oaxaca (CODEP-APPO). Under the pretext of an operation against organized crime they violated the human rights of men, women and children without the State and National Commission for Human Rights (Comisión Estatal y Nacional de los Derechos Humanos) doing anything against this policy of state terrorism.
The CODEP-APPO is more than 25 years old, and of being in this space, through its Committee for the Defense of the Rights of Women (CODEM), in search of a dignified life for 17 families who live there, the majority of them indigenous mothers who count only on the protection and information of the organization for leaving and caring for their children, who were born and raised here. Some of us are teachers, others do domestic work to sustain our families. The PFP and the AFI, destroyed the few material goods we possessed, and attacked the well-being and health of our poor families. Now one clearly feels that the federal judicial reform has served the government by supporting its actions against the members of social movements, by authorizing the unlawful breaking and entering of a dimension which characterize a GESTAPO.
These acts of institutional violence (breaking into homes, persecution, aggresion and criminalization of social protest, assassinations, imprisonments, forced disappearances, political persecutions) are dictated by the governors such as Ulises Ruiz Ortiz, and which the repressive units execute at his orders, in a fascist way. They attempt to terrorize we who in a determined, conscious and peaceful way have participated in the dignified struggle of the APPO since 2006, in search of justice, democracy, assistance to be able to count on social benefits, such as a dignified living space; for profound transformations in our state which benefit the majority; for a new constitution which offers respect for the constitutional rights and guarantees of all Oaxaqueños and not just the rich business people and their puppet governments.
These fcts are linked with the recent orders for arrest put out against several members of the APPO, who are unjustly blamed for the murder of the Indymedia photographer BRADLEY ROLAND WILL, when we all know via those same media that the (shooters) were paramilitary people, paid by URO who carried out crafty crime.
The popular movement in the state and nation is recovering, by the change of the Leadership of Section 22 of SNTE-CNTE and by the heroic popular teachers movement which is developing in the state of Morelos.
The alliance between Felipe Calderón and Ulises Ruiz will not hold back the struggle of the people of Oaxaca and of México. Therefore we condemn the dirty work that the tribunals of the second case in point are doing to citizens who belong to the APPO.
Because of this situation we call:
1. To the people in general demand a halt to the persecution orchestrated by Ulises Ruíz Ortíz in complicity with the PGR in the State of Oaxaca. against members of the social movement in the State
2. To the national and international organizations for Human Rights be on alert, prepared and ready to act, since the repression is escalating against the social activists of the state.
3. To the Oaxaca teachers union, with which today more than ever we join our efforts to demand the departure of Ulises Ruiz Ortiz from the government of Oaxaca, furthermore for the punishment of those responsible for the crimes against humanity committed against the people Oaxaca.
4. We demand the immediate freeing of our compañero: Juan Manuel Martínez Moreno unjustly imprisoned, accused of participating in the assassination of Brad Will; and as well that of the compañeros of CODEDI-Xanica Abraham Ramírez Vásquez, and Noel and Juventino García Cruz, prisoners since 2005, for defending their town council named by usos y costumbres and whom URO at all costs changed to PRI persons, we demand also the freeing of all those who are unjustly detained in the prisons of the state and the country since the arrival of the tyranny of the governance of Felipe Calderón who became president of the country in an illegitimate manner.
5. We call on all the sectors and organizations participating in the APPO to strengthen it, to stop this new wave of repression and to continue our struggle for the profound transformation Oaxaca.
6. To construct a unitary plan of action where all the social sectors participate, with the goal of installing an Constituent Assembly which would propose a constitution filled with benefits for all Oaxaqueños.
7. To promote with the organization of the peoples and from below, the construction of a Popular Government to benefit to the indigenous peoples and the poor of Oaxaca.
HALT THE VIOLATIONS OF HUMAN RIGHTS IN OAXACA!
HALT THE PERSECUTION BY THE STATE!
ULISES RUIZ OUT OF OAXACA!
FREEDOM FOR THE POLITICAL PRISONERS PROCESSED AND SENTENCED!
FOR OUR POLITICAL DEAD, DISAPPEARED, JAILED AND PERSECUTED, NOT ONE STEP BACKWARD
FOREVER UNTIL VICTORY
Oaxaca de Juárez, Oaxaca City of the Resistence, October 24, 2008.